Battery boxes… free of “charge”

After all the fun with the con, and mandos, who could stop there?

Get some work done on R2! Ange wanted to help with building R2 so we started work on the battery boxes.

Cutting the pieces

Cutting the pieces

She started cutting all the pieces out of the CNC’d sheets and trimming the tabs.

Dry fitting

Dry fitting

Then she dry fitted the pieces together.

Complete Dry Fit

Complete Dry Fit

And we ended up with this. Still alot of work to do.. sand the 3d printed parts, glaze them, sand them again. Then start gluing pieces together. But it’s looking great and Ange can proudly say she built them.

Once this was done, I assembled the ankle cylinders.

Cylinders

Cylinders

After the cylinders were glued, I started adding glazing putty to help with some of the bigger gaps.

Glazed

Glazed

Cylinders all glazed

Cylinders all glazed

Once I glazed it all and it was dry enough, I started sanding.

 

Sanded Cylinders

Sanded Cylinders

Now if the weather could just cooperate, I could start priming these pices.

Leave a Reply